Programs for the academically gifted and talented are available at Liberty. Students are identified based on the results of placement tests.
Gifted students receive accelerated and enriched instruction in mathematics and/or language arts, depending upon their area(s) of identification and needs.
Liberty Elementary provides special academic programs for students who are exceptionally gifted and talented. These programs include accelerated learning classes for students identified based on placement test results.
Our gifted program for all grades targets the following academic objectives:
- Promote critical thinking and reasoning abilities
- Develop and expand thinking skills
- Utilize differentiated strategies for learning
- Build / extend cognitive language skills
- Facilitate opportunities for learning
For more information on gifted services in the Paradise Valley Unified School District, visit the Gifted Education website.